Missing teeth? You’re not alone!
Implants vs. Dentures
Many patients who initially opted for removable dentures have switched to dental implants with positive results. Implants feel and respond like natural teeth, allowing for more natural eating and eliminating embarrassing moments when dentures may have slipped or clicked.
Dental Implants Consultation in Wooster and Medina OH
If you are looking to replace missing teeth, scheduling a dental implant consultation in the Wooster region with Dr. Lemke is a good idea. This is what typically occurs during your consultation:
- Oral exam: The first thing our doctor will do is to thoroughly examine your gums and teeth. Checking your jaw bone health is also part of the exam. If you show signs of bone loss, a bone graft may be necessary since implants require bone to be successful.
- X-rays: our doctor will take x-rays of your jaw bone to discover the best locations for your implants. He may also perform a computer tomography scan (CT scan).
- Discussion: Discussing your lifestyle habits with Dr. Lemke is necessary so that he can decide on the best dental implant procedure. He will want to know if you smoke or take medications, have any health conditions, and what your oral homecare routine is like.
- Choosing the procedure: our doctor will discuss the various dental implant treatments available, and decide which one is best for your needs. These may include All-on-4® and Teeth-in-a-Day dental implants, implant supported dentures and bridges, single tooth implants, or other options.
- The treatment plan: Once a treatment is decided upon, our doctor will review the details with you. Topics of discussion include the number of office visits needed, the length of time it takes for a dental implant procedure, anesthetic and sedation, post-surgery and healing issues, taking care of your implants, your dental implant cost in the Medina region, and insurance questions.
Before coming in for a dental implant consultation in the Wooster region with Dr. Lemke, we suggest doing as much reading as you can about dental implants, including the pages on our website. This way you can be sure to have all of your questions answered. We look forward to meeting with you soon!